- Lea: If I had to kiss you right now, I most certainly could not
- Jon: Really?
- Lea: I don't think I could. I really think I would laugh too hard. Whereas we used to make the hell out.
- Jon: Especially onstage. There was that one time - well, maybe I shouldn't talk about that while we're eating.
- Lea: You were sick!
- Jon: Yes. During the hayloft scene, where we always open-mouth kissed. I had the stomach flu and I was going to vomit in your mouth. You opened your mouth and I was like "Nuh-uh"
- Lea: And at intermission you were vomiting so hard! I was laughing hysterically.
- Jon: It wasn't funny! I was in so much pain. Ugh.
- Lea: Remember the night we hid from security and slept in the scary-ass Eugene O'Neill Theatre with John Gallagher Jr.?! Oh, God, we had the best time. We sat on the stage with a bottle of wine and prayed to the theater gods for blessing us with such success. We pricked our fingers - I still have a black dot on my finger from that, by the way. We put a little blood on a paper and framed it. Christine Jones [the scenic designer] took that piece of paper and built it into the set that goes around with all the Spring Awakening touring productions.
- Jon: When we carved our names in the theater, you said something so sweet. I still remember it because it meant so much to me.
- Lea: Are you going to cry?!
- Jon: A little bit.
- Lea: What's wrong with you? Get it together!
- Jon: You said "I would give up this entire experience for our relationship,"
- Lea: It's so true. At the end of the day I would most certainly give up Spring Awakening, which was the greatest experience of my life, to have met you. In this lifetime, if there is anything you need, it's a best friend. It's so crazy to talk about Spring Awakening because I feel like we've lived ten lifetimes since then. I was the one always saying to you "I'll never get that part. No one will ever hire me." The biggest limits are the ones you make for yourself. You believed in me a lot.
❝When [Lea and I] carved our names in the theater, [she] said something so sweet. I still remember it because it meant so much to me. [She] said, “I would give up this entire experience for our relationship.
❝No one knows you better than your best friend. Lea and I have shared pretty unique experiences since we met eight years ago. We’ve simulated sex more than 1,000 times on stage in Spring Awakening. We’ve performed everything from show tunes to “Like a Virgin” on Glee. I’ve watched her sing for the President and accept Billboard’s first Triple Threat Award, and I’ve seen her laugh so hard that she peed in her pants. Since Glee, she’s inspired people across the world with her unapologetic ambition, insane talent, and astonishing grace. Me, especially.
- Jonathan Groff (via jgroffdaily)